[THIN] DNS client settings through GPOs not applying

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:56:00 -0400

Hi all:
I need to change the settings for DNS servers on several PCs.  I'm
trying to do this by using the GPO setting:
Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/DNS Client/DNS
Servers
I am using two IP addresses separated by a space.
The PCs are Windows XP SP3.

I've run gpresult and the policy seems to be applying, but the DNS
servers are not changed.
I've done a gpupdate /force and rebooted a couple of times.
Yes, the PCs are in the correct OU where the policy is applied.

Anyone seen this before?

Hector Minero