[THIN] Re: Citrix client comparison...

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:29:06 -0000

Chad,

The citrix website has admin guides for 8,9 and 10 and the 'new features'
are listed at the start. As was pointed out, some features are only
available on specific versions of the the server farm.

Session reliability came in with MPS3 - so that'd be v8 ish.

V8 introduced: Digital Dictation Support. Dynamic Session Reconfiguration.
"Better performance", (improved compression), Zone preference and failover,
asian language support and extended unicode keyboard support. PNAgent had
Multi farm support and improved support for username and password input.

Version 9.x: Advanced universal printing, Print Provider and Port Monitor
Improvements (different printer names, extended printer properties, new
client printer policies), TWAIN redirection support, PN Quick Launch, PDA
Sync with tethered USB, improved multi-monitor support, improved local file
locking, client session support for Windows key combinations

Version 10.x: App streaming, non-admin installation, trusted server
configuration, PNAgent backup support, Speedscreen multimedia acceleration,
enhanced proxy support, PNAgent support through Access Gateway, AES Support