[THIN] Re: Citrix Metaframe 1.8 problems

  • From: Bill Beckett <beckett.bill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:17:27 -0500

May or may not be but it sounds alot like our problem. Wound up being
the ctfmon.exe's that were firing off whenever an office app was
launched. (Has to do with speech recognition) I believe it is
installed by default. Check for ctfmon.exe processes.

On Apr 1, 2005 1:10 PM, Matt Barys <MBarys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I've got a real nagging problem at hand and it is really making my users
> mad. It seems that the system will slow down to a halt and then
> progressively pick up again. They'll flip through the screen like Word,
> Excel, other apps and it will take five minutes to bring up that screen
> again. Another problem is when they try to save or open something out of
> Word or Excel, it will just sit there for a minute before finally coming up.
> Any ideas on when this might be?  When this is happening, I'll do task
> manager and everything looks great, low memory usage and very little cpu.
> Here's our setup. BTW, it happens on all three servers.
>
> Windows 2000 SP4
> Metaframe 1.8 SP4
> Office XP SP3
> 4 Gig Ram, Dual P4 2.8 Xeons
>
> Thanks!
>

> Matt Barys

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296