[THIN] Citrix Backup Server

  • From: "k9momof3" <k9momof3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:15:15 -0500

Hi all.  I need to set up a backup server offsite.  It will house backup copies
of all data (several gigs), including 2 Access databases (less than 100mb
combined), and email (we currently use Exchange and I haven't decided how best
to backup that yet).  There is a fiber connection between my PDC and where the
backup server will be located.  I think that installing metaframe on the backup
server would be the easiest solution so that my users could get at their data
from just about anywhere if something happens to our building.

We are running MFXP, FR2.  Do you have to have special licensing to install it
on more than one server?  I won't need additional CALs because there will never
be any users on it providing that our building doesn't burn down.

Also, do you have any suggestions about copying all this data from the PDC to
the metaframe box?  AND, has anyone ever installed ISA on a metaframe box
before?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!!!