[THIN] Re: Citrix Backup Server

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:29:16 -0600

From what Citrix has said you can create two identical farms (in your
case a single server farm) and install the same licenses on both. (as
long as only one is in use at any one time.

The trick for this config will be for you to maintain that server the
same way you maintain your current one. That way when you need it you
will be exactly the same and wont have problems (like you upgrade the
front end of an app on your prod box and the backend but never upgrade
the app at the DR site).

Anway one good way to do this would be to Image your existing server and
pump that to a duplicate at the DR site. Then as needed re-image it.

Also don't forget the TS license servers...... Those need to be
available in the event of a total data center failure.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp