[THIN] Re: Changing File Associations

  • From: "msemon@xxxxxxx" <msemon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:33:01 -0500

Open Regedit on the server and go to:

HKLM\Software\Classes\

Find .jpg and add a key below it called OpenWithList (may already be
there), and then another key under that called ois.exe.  These are all
KEYS, not VALUES, so they should all look like folders.  The only values in
each key will be Default.  So should look like this:

HKLM\Software\Classes\.jpg\OpenWithList\ois.exe\

HKLM\Software\Classes is the global association for every user.  However,
if they have a specific association in their profile (under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes), that takes precedence.  For more info,
check out M$ KB 257592.

Mike