[THIN] Changing File Associations

  • From: "Charles Watts" <greg.watts@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:11:59 -0500

Can someone help me out with File Association Problem. We publish a full
desktop and have determined that our file association for .jpg files are with
MS Picture Viewer and now when users go to a web page that has jpg files they
do not see the pictures. I looked in HKEY Classes root and see that .jpg are
associated by default in there. I changed the association in Tools, Folder
Options and File View and this corrects the problem. My question is how where
do I make this change so It's a global change? HKEY Classes ROOT or somewhere
else? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg Watts
Systems Engineer