[THIN] Re: Can not remove server from farm

  • From: Michael <indy019@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:48:52 -0800 (PST)

Thank you both for pointing me in that direction, I
tried using the /clean and then /clean /force options,
and it seemed to clean up most of the errors in the
datastore, but there are still some inconsistencies.

when I ran the /clean /force options, I got the
following:

-------------------------------
Data Store Validation Utility
Version: 0.4

Using the /Clean option may result in changes being
made to the Data Store.
Please be sure the Data Store has recently been backed
up before continuing.

Would you like to continue?y
Failed to find any MF Server Entries in the DS
Failed to find any Common Server Entries in the DS
Search for HostRecord Entry by name failed: 0x80000007
Server clean-up for <mf022>
-------------------------------

When I run a dsverify for the whole store, I get the
following errors:

Verifying Host Record Rules
-------------------------------
****** ERROR ******
HostName: <MF022>
Failed to find matching Common Server Entry for
HostId: 9799

Verifying Common Server Rules
---------------------------------
****** ERROR ******
HostName: <MFAPP-005>
Failed to find matching Common Server Entry for
HostId: 27467

Verifying MF Server Rules
-----------------------------
****** ERROR ******
<MF022> MFServer Entry is not valid
Entry DN: <00002647>

Interestingly enough, I found a very old server buried
in there that I guess was never properly removed.
Trying to force a clean for either of those servers
creates the error message above.

On the bright side, the server is not listed in the
farm, I wonder what would happen if I tried to add a
new server to this farm with that old name.

Thanks again.

Michael Saul

--- "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net";

http://thin.net/citrixse/white/Utilities/dsverify41.zip