[THIN] Re: CMC showing logins from ages ago

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:44:54 +0100

Angus,

The Datastore is used for storing static data. Dynamic data is stored in the
Data Collector. Did you try to recreate the LHC?

Regards,
Michel.

On 12/7/06, Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 We have a long-standing problem with our farm, where servers will
randomly just "take their ball away" and stop being useful. Existing
sessions will run for a while but no new ones are accepted, other servers
cannot refresh their user views for that server, the IMA cannot be
restarted, the server cannot be soft-booted etc etc etc.

I've just noticed now that the CMC on one of my servers is showing
sessions on another, but the sessions are all dated 2 weeks ago. I'm sure
I've seen this in the past when a server has gone flaky as well. After a few
moments the user list will update and different (current) sessions will be
listed. I'm pretty sure the server in question is about to turn up its'
toes.

So, are sessions stored in the datastore? We're using MSSQL and the server
is starting to experience some perfromance issues so I'm wondering if there
could be a connection there.

Angus