[THIN] Re: CMC FR3

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

I've had this problem with both Win2k Professional, XP Home, and Win2003
Server.  I installed the
FR3 CMC and tried to manage my FR2 farm.  It resulted in a hard lock of the OS.
 I assumed that
this was not a supported action (managing a FR2 farm with FR3 CMC Console) so I
removed the FR3
console and reverted back to the FR2 Console.

--- "Schneider, Chad M." <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone else having trouble when installing the CMC on a non-Citrix box?  I
> had it on my laptop, FR2, laptop is WIN2K SP3.  I installed the CMC from the
> FR3 cd, and when I expand a view or try to do a view details, my entire
> laptop locks up.  I mean tight, no keyboard, no mouse, nothing.  Forced to
> power off and on.
>
> I did notice that this CMC install did a JRE upgrade as well.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> I am reinstalling SP3 for WIN2K now.
>
> Chad

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."