[THIN] CAG + AAC - Prompt For Old Password..

  • From: Shane.Rees@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:31:10 +1000

Hi All - we are seeing behaviour with our Citrix Access Gateway 4.2 +
Advanced Access Control system, whereby users are prompted for their old
password, after entering their current credentials.  If a user's password
has recently changed, this behaviour is seen when accessing the logon
point.  From what I have read, the AAC keeps cached credentials, and will
therefore prompt for previous old password at first logon after a password
change.  Is anyone aware of how this behaviour can be removed, as it is
causing a lot of problems with end-users ?  (many users don't access the
CAG very frequently, so do not remember their old password).    AAC400W003
appears to offer the functionality for users to reset their profile
configuration at the logon point, if they have forgotten their old password
- however this also deletes their personalised settings (not a really nice
option).  Any help/feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Shane Rees

Senior Systems Engineer

Server Management - Network & Infrastructure Support

Mincom Managed Services

Level 6, 193 Turbot Street,

Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia

Phone +61 (0) 7 3364 9876

Fax +61 (0) 7 3364 9777

http://www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of
the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies
unless expressly stated otherwise.

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com