[THIN] Re: Business Objects 5.1.3

  • From: "Gandy, Chip (COX-Atlanta)" <Chip.Gandy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:33:28 -0400

Ugh... this app is pathetic.  I gave the vendor major hell for not =
knowing how to write code.

The app will fail if the user does not have write access to =
HKLM\Software.  It's just READING but it's reading with write access.  =
You can add authenticated users for full control to this key and this =
key ONLY and that will work.

Then there are a few file folders that need to be opened too.  Also have =
to open up HKLM\Software\BusinessObjects.

Chip "The Automator" Gandy=20
MCSE, MCP, APICI=20
Cox Communications, MIS=20
Systems Architect=20
Voice: 404-847-6039 Fax: 404-269-3010=20
A Colleague was having a hard time operating her desk-top computer. It =
was apparent that she had reached the end of her patience when she =
muttered at the screen, "I know one thing. If I had a glass face like =
you do, I'd sure behave better."=20