[THIN] Bidirectional Printing...

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:27:27 -0700

Hello,

I've run into an issue when an auto-created printer is created it enables
bidirectional printing.  Only thing is, this printer doesn't print when this
flag is enabled.  I've found the registry value in HKLM that controls this
flag but i've come across two issues.  One being timing (to set the flag)
and second issue is refreshing the print spooler with the new value.  You
have to restart the print spooler in order the new settings to take affect.

Is there a way to have the print spool re-read in the registry settings
(specifically the Attribute value) without restart the service?
Is there a way to hack the printer's configuration .dll file and set a
different default?

A couple of other notes: The Citrix Policies for saving the printer info in
PS4 has no effect.  Also, using Tricerat Screwdrivers had no effect.

Joe