[THIN] Re: Axys

  • From: Scot Gabriel <scot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:41:16 -0600

As soon as you said the data is on another system I flenched.
5 to 1 says this is your problem (specific to Win2k):
This problem occurs because the network redirector only creates one file
control block (FCB) for all user connections so that when the first user
to open the files logs off, the other users lose their connections to
files. This problem usually occurs in database programs where the data
and/or program files reside on a network drive.  The solution to this
problem was determined to be too large of an architectural change to
implement as a hot fix for Windows 2000 and there is currently no hot
fix available.
I expect you will have to move the database local to the Citrix server
and make sure you use the local drive letter to access it or move back
to NT 4.0 TSE with MF1.8.