[THIN] Re: Associate file type to an application on another server

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:54:16 +1000

Hi

I don't think this will work.  Our users do not have MS Project installed
locally (outside of citrix).  Content redirection will redirect from server to
client or client to server.  I want to redirect from server to server.  We have
1 Citrix server with MS Project installed (Server 1).  All users can launch
Windows Explorer from any Citrix server in our farm.  If they try to open a MS
Project file I want it to open from Server 1, not the server they are on as the
server they are on doesn't have Project installed..

We also use Web Interface, not PNAgent.  Hope this makes more sense.

Angela

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:50:32 -0500From: gareese@xxxxxxxxxxx:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: Associate file type to an application on
another server
check out page 122 of the PS 4.5 admin guide
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

there is no project viewer.  Content redirection will do this if you are using
the pnagent.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:24 AM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi JimWill use the viewer for Visio.  I also have the same issue with MS
Project.  I couldn't find a MS Viewer for Project.  Do you know if one
exists?Thanks

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:53:18 -0400From: jkenzig@xxxxxxxxxxx:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: Associate file type to an application on
another server

Why not just install the Visio viewer on the other servers? Or do they need to
modify the files? If you instruct users to open visio first then it should also
open the clicked on file I believe.
The viewer is at
http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=D88E4542-B174-4198-AE31-6884E9EDD524&displaylang=en

You may have to play around with content redirection a bit. Jim Kenzig Blog:
http://www.techblink.com
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HiIs there a way to associate an extension (ie VSD) to an application on
another server?  We have installed Visio on 1 Citrix server only so we can
control who can access it via Published Applications.  The issue I have is some
users try to launch Visio by double clicking a Visio file in Windows Explorer.
Windows Explorer cant associate the file to anything as Visio is not installed
on the Citrix Servers (except one).  Is there a way for the file to open on the
Citrix server that has Visio installed?IM hoping I don't have to install Visio
on all Citrix servers to get around this
issueThanksAngela_________________________________________________________________It's
 simple! Sell your car for just $40 at
CarPoint.com.auhttp://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT************************************************For
 Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe orset Digest or Vacation mode use the
below link://www.freelists.org/list/thinNEW! Follow Thin List on
Twitter!http://twitter.com/thinlistThin List discussion is now available in
blog format at:http://thinmaillist.blogspot.comHOT! Thinlist MOBILE
Feed!http://thinlist.net/mobileThinlist quick

Click here. Want to help Windows Live Messenger plant more Aussie trees?
Meet singles near you. Try ninemsn dating now!
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fchannel%2Findex%2Easpx%3Ftrackingid%3D1046247&_t=773166080&_r=WL_TAGLINE&_m=EXT