[THIN] Re: Applications polling HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications excessively

  • From: "George Yobst" <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:28:23 -0700

What's the app?

On 5/9/06, Michel Roth <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I have an application that is polling
NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Compatibility\Applications\*application name* 3
times per second.

Note that there is not an entry in
NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Compatibility\Applications for the application in
question. It does not matter if I provide it with a dummy registry key for
that application, it just keeps on polling until the process is ended.

My questions are
* isn't polling the compatibility key 3 times per second a little much?
* why is it polling that registry key (so much) in the first place ?
* Do I need to put something in that key to keep it from polling it? If so
what?  (installing applications in application mode should take care of
this?)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Michel Roth.