[THIN] Anyone on the list using JAWS on Citrix?

  • From: "Hill, Brian (NTB)" <emi2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:41:47 -0400

JAWS is a screen reading program for limited-sight or blind users. We
are in process of testing a JAWS 7.0 deployment via Windows 2000
Terminal Server.  Everything is working as advertised when using the RDP
protocol/client, however, we are getting intermittent performance while
using the full 9.0 Citrix client.  Some items will be read by JAWS, and
others won't, particularly while in Outlook.  If a message is opened in
a new window, JAWS will read the message, however, if you are using the
arrow key to browse messages in the inbox, JAWS does not read the
subject lines via the Citrix client.  The behavior was the same when
using JAWS 6.1 on both the client and  server machine.  I feel it is
related to a problem with the 9.0 Citrix client.  I just wanted to see
if anyone has experienced the same issue.

TIA,

Brian