[THIN] Re: Anyone done any Desktop broker troubleshooting or mass users ?

  • From: Andy <andysideas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:26:27 +0100

Thank you for the reply Doug.

Love to see something about that desktop server. Is it still in beta ?

On 4/17/07, Douglas A. Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Andy,

I've been playing a lot with the desktop server stuff, or what I've been
able to find out about it, and it is basically the connection broker in
4.0 or 4.5.  So, I'm not sure if this hack applies to you but I think it
will.

To adjust the level of detail of the logging then you will want to edit
the following registry key:

*HKLM\Software\Citrix\Virtual Machine Server\Machine Manager*.

Valid values for the *LoggingLevel *key are 0 to 4, where 0 turns off
logging, 2 is the default setting and 4 provides the maximum amount of
detail about a particular event or error condition.

LoggingLevel Specifies the logging level for the event log created by the
database service.

0 = NoMessages

1 = FatalOnly

2 = FatalAndError

3 = FatalErrorAndWarning

4 = All

type = DWORD

The default = 2

this logging is stored in the event log :)

Hope this helps..

*Douglas A. Brown*

*President and Chief Technology Officer *

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

Citrix Technology Professional

* *

DABCC, Inc.