[THIN] Re: Add an extra CPU - NT 4 Terminal Server Edition - HP DL380G2

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:23:47 -0800

The trick from the Compaq stand point with this, used to be that after
your NT Hal update was applied, but before you rebooted you needed to
run the latest Compaq SSD against the server and update one of the
Compaq drivers to support the 2nd processor.

Of course that's info is from about 2 years ago, when I last did one of
these to an NT 4.0 installation.=20

I would defiantly check with Compaq support weather or not there is
still a need to update their currently loaded system drivers after an
update to support multiple processors.=20

HTH

J=20