[THIN] Re: Add administrator to existing roaming profiles

  • From: "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <SRaffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:12:41 -0400

I had the same problem once when I had to move roaming profiles to a new
server. Here's what I did.

Took ownership and gave admins full control.

Moved the profiles.

Used SUBINACL to give ownership back to the user.

Depending on your environment, you may not need to do all this work. There
is a GPO setting that says "Don't check for ownership of roaming profiles".
If you set this, you can retain ownership and it will still work.

You can download subinacl from M$.

Steve Raffensberger

Sovereign Bank Office Automation Group
Mail Stop 10-411-NS1