[THIN] AccessXP performance tweaking?

  • From: "Pardee, Michael" <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:39:47 -0400

We are currently troubleshooting a performance issue with AccessXP running
on Win2k Terminal Server.

With the database on a F&P cluster in the same data center, we get query
results in 100 seconds.
Accessing the same database from a PC running Win2k and AccessXP we get
results in 40 seconds.
Move the database local to the Terminal Server we get results in 9 seconds.

We are running out of ideas and are starting the case with MS Premiere
support, but I don't know how far that will get us.

Has anyone done any tweaking to OfficeXP / AccessXP to help with
performance?  AccessXP seems to be the only app showing this behavior.

Thanks in advance.

> Michael Pardee
> Director
> Coventry Health Care, Inc.
> Phone:        (724) 778-3733
> Fax:  (724) 778-6899
Mailto:mpardee@xxxxxxxx <Mailto:mpardee@xxxxxxxx>

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission
is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection
under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA).  The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is
strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties.  If
you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender
immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from any
computer.