[THIN] Re: Access to network drives

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:50:31 -0500

publish IE followed by the UNC path of the share

you can slip in the -e switch for explorer view too if you want.

you can also try publishing the location as content.

Either way should work fine. My only other recommendation would be to pick an icon for these type of things and stick with it. the IE is a little out of place for this. I use a file cabinet icon found in moricons.dll

Greg

On Nov 1, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Berny Stapleton wrote:

Can you just copy explorer.exe to explorer2.exe and publish that?

Just set the login script to map certain drives for that host, or use
a group policy to only show certain drives and apply that to a group.

Berny

On 01/11/2007, msemon@xxxxxxx <msemon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
With Logon Script mapped drives show up in Citrix session regardless of
published desktop or published app.

From: Cwalinski, Zygmunt zcwalinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:57:18 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Access to network drives

I need to give users access to two different network drives over a Citrix
session.
They need them just to be able to copy files from one network drive to
another (we need it for support stuff).

I tried to publish Windows Explorer but there is no way to restrict users
to a specified resource only (e.g. explorer /n,/root, c:\temp)

Has someone any idea?

Thanks, Zygmunt Cwalinski, System Analyst Network Services