[THIN] Re: Access Problems

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:01:33 -0700

Hi,

If your users are looking at similar data they might have a problem due to
Access page locking (records are locked not by rows but by pages).

So, if one user is in the process of modifying a record takes a coffee
break, other users looking at other records in the same page will be locked
out. This problem can be avoided through proper database design as suggested
by Rick.

Note, that this is not the case when data is accessed in read only mode.
So, if this is the case anyway - you have permission problems, such as
READ ONLY, NTFS as well as possible issues with Access own security (i.e.
the lock file).

ALEX