[THIN] Re: Access Gateway Enterprise

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:55:10 +1100

Hi Bob

There was an issue with syncing between 2 AGEE devices in a HA pair on the
first release of v9.0,
but after thumping Citrix when we first upgraded a pair of 7000 series AGEE,
they quickly came out
with v9.1 which to date has not caused any issues. We have used the AGEE's in
both a Novell and
Windows environment with successful single sign on to WI. They upgrade was very
quick and easy
funnily enough. If you have a HA pair, break the HA sync first, and then pair
them again after the
upgrade. On v9.0, we did have to apply the upgrade 3 times on 1 device for it
to work but v9.1
went through without a hitch.

cheers
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Tue, Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:09 AM, "Robert K Coffman Jr. -Info From Data Corp."
<bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Warren,
>
> Have you heard of any issues upgrading from 8 to 9, aside from
> making
> sure the correct license files are in place first??
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Bob Coffman
>
> Warren Simondson wrote:
> > Hi James
> >
> > AGEE is a little different to configure but really quite simple.
> The bottom line is that you need to
> > create a virtual server on the AGEE and then a policy to point to
> the WI.
> >
> > Allow these documents relate to WI 4.x and 5.x, they will work with
> WI 4.6 in most parts. You
> > should ensure the AGEE has the latest software 9.x.
> >

> http://www.jaytomlin.com/citrix/AG/AG-E%208.0%20SmartAccess%20Deployment%20Guide%
> > 20Dec%202007.pdf
> >
> > http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX119426
> > http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX120164
> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> Follow ThinList on Twitter
> http://twitter.com/thinlist
> Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> http://thinlist.net/mobile
Follow ThinList on Twitter