[THIN] Re: Internet explorer 6.0

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:08:23 +0800

Thanks Anthony!

I'll give it a bash.:-)

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, 19 October 2009 9:51 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Internet explorer 6.0

Alan,

I think the AIE sees what's in the base OS when it's initially created.  So, if
your XA 4.5/W2K3 server has IE 7 installed that's what will be in the AIE by
default.

I guess you could try building the AIE on a server that has IE 6 installed.

Or you could figure out the command line to uninstall/rollback IE 7 to IE 6
within the AIE (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177> ).

Tony

"alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

10/19/2009 02:17 AM

Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[THIN] Internet explorer 6.0

Hi All,

Im trying to use isolation environments to install a legacy version of IE6.0
for one of our applications, however when I run

AIESETUP "Internet Explorer 6.0" c:\ie6setup.exe

I get an error message telling me that a newer version of internet explorer
already exists.

I have created the Isolation Environment Internet Explorer 6.0.

Using PS4.5 R5 Win2003

Any ideas where Im going wrong, sure it's a simple one?

Cheers

Al
Alan Tropper
Enterprise Servers
Customer Service Centre
Information and Communication Technologies
Department of Education and Training | 151 Royal Street, East Perth WA 6004
Tel: (08) 9264 5550 or 5555 | Fax: (08) 9264 4701 | alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the