[THIN] Re: AAC Endpoint scan for AV

  • From: Andy <andysideas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:10:56 +0000

I am about to evaluate Citrix Access Gateway (version 4.2).

I have been waiting for some time for the new version to be release. Is the
AAC you refer to the same thing as the CAG or part of it.

The reason I ask is we evaluated a number of end point analysis solutions.
All seems to have the limitation of having the admin guy say which
Anti-Virus solutions he was happy with and he had to programme the code to
check latest signature etc.

This seemed crazy to me. I simply wanted to say.

"I am happy that any machine with a well known anti-virus solution, that's
running at recent is ok with me"

The answer was SygateOndemand which is now owned by Symantec. I know it's
not answering your question directly, but I tried looking and found no
website that offered this.

SygateOnDemand can be installed on any webserver come SSL VPN. It sits in
front and does the endpoint work for you.

You can get a eval that you don't even need a web server for. Why ? Well it
simply loads a web page and works from a directory.

If you want to know more ask me offlist

PS: I am not a sales guy, just someone looking for the same solution that
you asked for.