[THIN] Re: AAC 4.5 Parallel Upgrade ?

  • From: "J. Henske" <jen.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:23:30 -0600

I just did the upgrade a couple weeks ago and it was pretty smooth.  I
exported the config from the AAC box, uninstalled 4.2, installed .net 2.0,
installed 4.5 and then applied the old config.  At the same time I ran the
upgrade on the cag device and all of those settings carried over without any
incident.

The problem I had was getting the migration tool to connect and export the
data.  But once I got that worked out, I had no issues at all.

If you have an extra box you can start from scratch on a new box and build
in parallel.  If you use the existing, you will have to remove the 4.2 and
reinstall 4.5, so you can choose to start over with your config or import
the old config at that time.  You can also reinstall 4.5 on the CAG as well,
but I just ran the upgrade, I find getting the certs installed is a pain.

Good luck!
Jennifer Henske

On 12/1/06, Thin Man <thin.master@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Thin List

I need a sounding board for my AAC 4.5 upgrade.  The previous AAC / Access
Gateway install was performed prior to my arrival and by what I understand
were less than stellar consultants.  Considering how poorly it has
performed, I believe everything I've been told.....  I don't want to upgrade
any portion of the current install.

Does it make sense to build a new AAC / Ctx License server on a new
database, get licenses for new server hostname, then load new CAG image?

Opinions and experiences would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance