[THIN] Re: 5 user XP starter kit

  • From: Mike Hiester <mmhiester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 05:31:45 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I will bite. If you have often done this, how do
you not know the answer to this question??? <g>

Seriously, I can't imagine any public software company
giving away a large quantity of licenses for testing.
Publically held companies are under so much pressure
these days to make their revenue and profit numbers,
something like this would have be a very rare
exception. Otherwise, the management that made this
kind decision would not last long.

BTW, since evals are per server, you could probably
use several evals in one farm to do your load
simulation.   I have seen evals for sale on
ebay.....LOL

>As a follow up, I often do large scale load
>simulations. Does anyone
>know if
>Citrix offers some kind of license that lets me use
>hundreds of users
>for
>load testing? Right now I either use my clients'
>licenses or I just
>don't
>use Citrix and do the testing with pure TS and RDP.

>Brian

>Brian Madden

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com