[THIN] Re: 5 user XP starter kit

  • From: Mike Hiester <mmhiester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:02:45 -0800 (PST)

Wow, you must be really important and influential to
have a whole company not like you.  LOL

It's interesting that a request for the 5 user starter
to load test software has turned into a rant against
the same software company. And it is not even
Microsoft!!! LOL

I agree with questioning vendors, totally. Everyone
has there own motives. Vendors want to sell software,
tech support, etc... Off course, now that you have a
book and website and training, you have a thing or two
you want to sell as well. Everyone of us wants to sell
something, and every one of us has own agenda. Someone
of us just want to sell ourselves to our boss so we
can keep our job. Many of us want to sell customers on
our knoweldge and experience. You should know from
your days at HP that no one person speaks for every
one in the whole company.  You shouldn't be surprised
that when you speculate on some MS product being a
Citrix killer that some at Citrix would have an
emotional reaction. They have families and mortgages
like the rest of us.
I know several SE's at Citrix, and every one of them
has recommended your book on several occasions. None
of them have said they hate you. One of them does want
to twist your head off, though. Something about you
puking on him at iForum.... <JK>

Quote:

Yeah, since I left HP, I don't have any kind of
"official" relationship with
Citrix.

The problem is that Citrix doesn't like what I write.
They think my website
is full of lies and half-truths about Bear Paw and
about Microsoft's
relationship with New Moon and Jetro, etc, etc. In
fact, one of Citrix's VPs
tol last year that my site was "damaging the
industry." He said that
customers were upset when I wrote things like "will
Bear Paw be a Citrix
killer?" A lot of my friends who are SEs at Citrix
called me and asked me to
change it, but do I really want to change articles
because the company I'm
writing about doesn't like them? If no one challenges
anything Citrix says,
are we really better?

In my opinion, I think these articles start a good
dialog and make people
think instead of everyone always drinking the vendors'
Kool-Aid.

Citrix feels that I sensationalize articles just to
get readers. I feel
differently. But, it's a free country and Citrix can
do what they want, so
that's fine with me.

I think it would be great if Citrix gave me NFR
licenses, but if they would
rather have my $6,000 for a 20-user XPe starter kit
just so I can write
about it, then so be it.

I love Citrix. I make my living from Citrix. ..Just
calling a foul doesn't
mean you hate the game.

Brian

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com