[THIN] Re: 3M problems

  • From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:49:29 -0500

Does each user have there own temp directory and during the normal operation
of the application when the 3M part bombs, does the file/files in question
stay locked? Possibly will be able to see problems by using filemon. Also
you can use a Windows 2000 Professional machine and the shared folders
snap-in to track the files open by user. I know with the softmed application
alot of users are sharing the same application .exe or .dbf, etc etc, might
be a way out of that, but if you know which ones get locked you can do the
following.

1) Use the Shared Folders Snapin pointing to the Citrix Server in question
to clsoe the file, and then have users re-start the session to see if it
relieves the situation.

2) Use Psexec \\SERVERNAME net file (ID) /Close. To close that specific
file, or possibly also use pskill to remotely kill the offending process.

HTH,
Ed