[THIN] Re: OT: Preventing script from launching IEXPLORE

  • From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:53:18 -0500

Get Ad-Aware and Pest Patrol and scan the machine. Remove all you find.

Also, look for hooks in the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run (Runonce)
and Runonceex keys for possible offending applications.

Also, these types of scripts also put hooks into IE DLL or replace/update
them. You can probably see what registry key Iexplore.exe is looking at to
run stuff using regmon 4.36 and filtering for iexplore.exe only.

HTH,
Ed