[THIN] Re: 256 colors vs. 16-bit color

  • From: "PETERSON, DAVID" <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:49:04 -0500

Your bandwidth utilization can go down by switching to 16 bit. On XP
FR1, switching to 16 bit can drop bandwidth consumption up to 20%. They
mentioned that improvements would be made to the lower color depths in
the future, but I don't know if that has been done.

This is mentioned in this document:
http://thethin.net/faqs2.cfm?id=210&category=3&sortby=date