[THIN] Re: 2008 vs 2003 login times

  • From: Andy Friar <Andy.Friar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:03:21 +0000

It's such a shame they removed UserEnvDebug log in 2008.

I've found 2008 to just be slow in general in comparison to 2003 but there are
a couple of things to speed logon times.

Switch GPSvcDebug on on the terminal server.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics]
"GPSvcDebugLevel"=dword:00030002

Not quite as feature rich as UserEnv but may highlight something.

Clear down C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Group Policy\History especially if your
running Group Policy Client Side Preferences, exclude in AV if your scanning
any file.

Be careful of printer drivers if doing printers via GP CSP

 Obviously mandatory / hybrid profiles help.

14seconds isn't bad in 2008.

Rgds

Andy

________________________________

________________________________

________________________________

[cid:novusgrouplogo5ca4.jpg]

Andy Friar

Technical Consultant

01260 292500

M       07720 470551
F       01260 292505
E       Andy.Friar@xxxxxxxxxxx

Novus Networks Ltd

The Old Corn Mill
Congleton Road
Siddington
Macclesfield
SK11 9JR

The information in this E-Mail is intended for the named recipients only. It
may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action or place
reliance on it. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by using the E-Mail address and then delete the message. The
views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Novus
Networks. Company Reg No 3858005

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com>