[THIN] 2008 vs 2003 login times

  • From: "Anthony Green" <agreen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 02:24:56 -0000

I've done a few upgrades recently moving people from 2003 to 2008 SP2 and
latest Xenapp.

Nearly every time the users have noticed a longer login time.

One company went from 7 secs to 14 secs (i know it's not a long login time
but it has doubled!).  We basically replicated their Windows 2003 setup
(xenapp\DCs\File\Print\SQL) but have everything on Windows 2008.

Most things work ok but the login times are killing me, I'm having to
explain why this is without really knowing why there is such a difference.
Anyone else notice this?  Any tips?

Thanks,

Ant.