[THIN] Re: 2003 TS license server and Windows 2000 Terminal Servers

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:43:53 -0500

        1. I have to add windows 2000 TS cals to the 2003 License serve
in order for non windows 2000 and XP devices to connect.

        Right.

        2. I cannot use Per User Licenses for Windows 2000 Terminal
Services users

        Right.

        3. Per user licenses are not tracked by the 2003 License server.

        Right. (Today, anyway. Apparently this will NOT be true in the
future. Perhaps 2003 SP1 will address this).

        4. i am slightly confused after seeing the following Technet
Article:
        http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=837211
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=837211>

        Can't help you with this one, sorry.