[TheNoir] "Threats and Bloodshed"

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <groundzero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thenoir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:54:57 -0800

“Threats and Bloodshed”
by Cervin Molari
Shane Taggart
& Anita Tessasohn

Cervin had his pistol out, lying lazily to his side. One of the best features he could ever hear was the computer working and speaking English. But the ship wasn't exactly functioning right, blurbing out a different language. He sighed, he’d figure that one out later. Turning the corner he ran straight into Shane.

"There you are," Cervin just said flatly.

"Have you found her yet?"

Cervin just nodded, "Deck six."

Shane cracked his knuckles as he beelined for the turbolift. "That stupid bitch, she's going to pay for what she's done. What the hell was M.E. thinking bringing her on board? We're a team, she says, and now we're being attacked from within. Oh, that makes wondrous amounts of sense."

"And you could tell Bella to stop making bets with insane people," Cervin replied. He immediately resented the man for questioning M.E., though he couldn't help it himself. Part of the reason why he stayed on the Noir, aside for looking out for M.E., was that he trusted her judgement. The attacker had to have something M.E. found useful.

They entered the turbolift, "deck six."

"She wouldn't have made the bet if that crazy woman wasn't on board to begin with." He felt himself lay the trump card. The entire situation revolved around the decision of letting this woman come aboard. "Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm going to kill her and if M.E. questions that, well, then I have no problem being dropped off at the next port. We're suppose to be family, remember?"

Cervin shrugged, "apparently our new crew member wasn't there for the meeting." The lift stopped as both men got out.

"Computer, located any humanoids on this deck."

"One humanoid, section three of the port side," the computer replied. Apparently Shane wasn't going to wait, he went, forcing Cervin to catch up.

"Meeting or not..." His voice trailed as he rounded a corner, spying his intended target. His mind raced as he thought of the multitudes of ways to make her endure perfectly conscious amounts of pain. "I have a bone to pick with you." Shane called out to the woman.

She stopped in her tracks, the smile forming again. First Isabella and now a man she hadn't even met. Anita turned around slowly only for her dramatic humor, "Oh? Really, and just what did I do to piss you off?" Another person caught her attention behind the first guy, "Oh, it's you. Now, I hate to go on with pleasantries without first knowing your names. Mind if you tell me?"

"Shane," he said matter-of-factly. "You attacked a very good friend of mine. I'm going to make sure that that deed doesn't go unpunished."

"Good friend? She looks like more than just a good friend," Anita just looked at him, the grin couldn't have widened anymore, "maybe a good lay. Men aren't usually concerned with what happens unless they get a good piece of ass."

She looked at the man next to Shane. Anita snorted, "I've seen you, don' t tell me you both are doing her."

"Cervin," he just smiled, "what's it to you?"

Anita shook her head, "then my target was for the wrong person. Oh well. We played a game of dare," Anita shrugged, "she wasn't very good at it."

"Listen to me closely, you little bitch, if you ever touch her again, I swear to the Elements that I'll slit your throat. Whether you're sleeping or standing two meters in front of me it makes little difference." He took a step towards her, "Do you understand me?"

Anita gave him a bored _expression_ and took a step forward, "you wanna slit my throat? While you were fucking someone else or doing whatever a guy does on this ship, I could've killed your best lay in so many ways." Anita just looked at him, her eyes drained away, "you wanna kill me? Wish you could. But you know the old attage: can't kill what's already dead."

"I don't give a fuck about who you've given your soul to, or about the millions of guys that you've put out to, but I swear that if you touch her in any way again, it'll be the last mistake that you ever make." Shane's hands clenched into a fist as he took another menacing step towards her, now just meters from the woman.

Anita laughed, "'any way again,' you mean I get a second chance?" Anita perked both eyes up at him.

Shane had had it. Surging forward, Shane grabbed Anita by the throat and shoved her against the bulkhead. "You're trying my patience, woman."

"I thought you were already out of it," Anita made sure he felt the tip of her blade. It felt so nice and pointy, right at his solar plexus.

"Don't," Cervin had the gun near her head.

"Two people to kill me. Tough he-man you are Shane." Anita choked a laugh, Shane's grip was slowly strangling her, "You need your fuck buddy to kill me too. How touching, you both must like each other and your bitch a lot."

With a flick of his own wrist he tilted her head back, increasing pressure. His other hand moved swiftly to push her arm, weilding her blade, against the wall. "You're nothing more than another notch on the belt, you get that? I've seen woman like you come and go. Your kind belongs in dark alleys on rundown stations where you can slowly die off without anyone noticing. If I kill you, no one will notice."

"Another time, maybe," Anita choked under his grip but it didn't mean she was giving him the upper hand. She buried her second knife into his side; it cut deep as the blood sprayed out at point of contact. Shane let go as she knew he would and pulled the knife out and held the bloody weapon against his neck. She looked at Cervin, "any bright ideas, and you'll have your little sex toy dead."

Shane’s hand gripped his side in pain. Through gritted teeth he smiled and then spit at her. "You're going to have to do better than that." With his left leg he kicked at her right leg, knocking it out from under her. Dropping her to her stomach, Shane buried his knee into her back. "You are nothing, do you hear me? You're nothing more than a waste of oxygen."

"Oh, and men aren't?" Anita snickered ignoring the sharp pain to her face mixing with the coldness of the floor, "Go ahead, kill me. I’m surprised you haven't with all that talking."

Shane looked up at Cervin, unsure of whether killing her would serve the point. The blood still oozed from his side and had now fully coated his right pant leg. "Cervo. Shall we just dispose of her?"

Cervin shook his head, "she doesn't care. And M.E. has uses for her, if not she wouldn’t be on this ship. Of that you can trust me on." He gestured with his head. The weapon was still in his hands. Not much use if Anita was that quick, "let her go, slowly."

"You've been warned." With that, Shane stood and cradled his side slightly again. "Now, get the hell out of here."

Anita got up slowly, "actually, I’m looking around. So it's you that has to get out. Besides," she shook her head in mock disapproval, "don't want you bleeding all over the carpet."

Shane rubbed his hand in his wound and flicked a blood-covered hand at Anita. "Move."

"Just because you said so? Last I checked, dears," she looked at both of them, "One of you is bleeding, you go. I'll stay on this deck. I’m not done exploring. Especially since you so rudely interrupted my exploration." Anita gestured with her knife, "now, go on."

"Come on. That's two in sickbay, Anais is going to have a fit," he switched his hands for the pistol and in that moment he too would go after her. He cautiously closed the distance to Shane, "we're in no position to demand, let's go."

"Anais?" Anita inquired.

"Our doctor."

"Oh good, she's getting her paycheck's worth then," Anita retorted and walked away.

Shane sighed, almost in defeat, but retreated back the way they had come. Moving into the turbolift he grimaced a bit more in pain, not wanting to show off his dread to his attacker. Watching the woman disappear as the doors hissed shut, Shane muttered an obscenity in Rihannsu and leaned against the wall.