[TheNoir] "Briefing"

  • From: MaureenENicks@xxxxxxx
  • To: thenoir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:06:24 EST

"Briefing"
By: M.E. Nicks

The mess hall filled slowly with the crew of the Noir. M.E. watched from a
corner by the window as the people who out their very lives in her hands mulled
 around the room. She looked over at Alex and Jim and smiled a little. Then
she  looked over at Cervin and John and Anais. The six of them had become a
strange  kind of family over the year and it seemed odd to M.E. that it was now
her turn  to take care of the people who’d put so much into taking care of
her.

Their little band had grown quite a bit in the recent weeks. M.E. looked at
each of the new comers in turn. Shane, Vanir, and Bella. She didn’t have the
bond with them that she had with the others, but the fact remained that they
had  all agreed to join her crew and there by becoming part of her
reasonability.

M.E. came out of the corner of the room and towards the others as soon as
Cole and Rasha came in. Since everyone was now there she saw no reason not to
get started. “Alright everyone listen up.” She shouted. Once she knew she
had
the crews’ attention she went on. “I know that there are quite a few of you

looking around the room right now and wondering who the hell there other
people  are. We’ve taken on a very nice little crew while we were waiting for
our
new  home to be ready.”

Moving around the room M.E. introduced each person and their function on  the
ship. “All of you are award that this is my ship, however it isn’t mine
alone. Alex Rae is my partner in this little venture and my second in command.
Every decision regarding this ship and her crew are made by us. None of you do
a  damn thing that affects this crew or ship without taking to one of us
first. Am  I clear?”

After waiting for a positive response from the gathered crew, M.E. moved  on.
She introduced Cervin, Harrison, John and Anais and explained what they did.
She then moved on to the new people. “Now then,” She piped in as made her
way  back to the front of the group. “The two people I didn’t point out, I
didn’
t  point out for a reason. This is Cole St. James and Rasha. They’re a part
of out  next job.”

“The Cardassians, in one of their finer moments, designed a biological
weapon that could wipe out whole sections of planets. The weapon was never
actuarially built but the fact remains that the blue prints are out there and
there
are people who want them.” M.E. moved over next to Cole who was looking at
the crowd from under his hat. “Cole here is the only one who knows where the
plans are and how to get them.”

M.E. turned back to the crowd. “Those people I was talking about, the ones
who want the weapon. They’ve kidnapped Cole and Rasha’s daughter as means
getting him to agree to work for them. Our job in all this.. We’re going for
the  ride while Cole accesses the plans. We’re then going to rescue his
daughter and  destroy the plans. Cole will be providing us with more details
while we
head  towards the Yuikius system. What I want from all of you are your
options on how  to get the job done quickly, correctly, and without putting us
in
danger.”

The looks coming from Alex were starting to reach the dangerous levels so
M.E. moved away from Cole, making her way back towards Alex. “We’ll meet
again
in a few days to has out what ever ideas you all have. Alex and I will then
come  up with out course of action. For now I think everyone should take this
time to  get to know everyone else. Bottom line here people is we’re a team
and
we’re to  work as one.”