[thebigjewel] Fatherly Advice - August 31, 2005

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 04:51:50 -0600 (MDT)

We invite you to visit The Big Jewel, where sometimes for no particular
reason we publish two pieces in a row about fatherhood. This is one of
those times. For you see, there is a special bond between a boy and his
father -- a bond so strong and yet so tender that only a man's man's man
like Matt Blair can write about it without having to get in touch with his
gentle, feminine side:

"Fatherly Advice"

By Matt Blair

The sun was coming down heavy over the mountain ridge that night, painting
the sky a bright red. Round back, my father was chopping wood for the
fire. I was sitting under the old elm tree, like I surely did most nights,
just watching him work. "Dad?" I said. "What's it like to kiss a girl?"...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx