[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Question about game cameras / birds

  • From: Dave Reimer <dkrinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:38:16 -0500

Hi all,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I just purchased a 8 MP Bushnell Trophy
cam to put near my water bowl (I used an old fire bowl - it makes a great bird
bath!).  I have tried a few different distances to the water, but don't seem to
be capturing any birds, though I have seen some land there.  I do have the
sensitivity on "High".

I am wondering if any of you do the same thing with a game cam, and if so, how
far away from your water you put the camera?  I am getting pics of my dogs and
myself (though we are all far chunkier than a bird, ha!)......But no birds.

Any suggestions for a game camera newby?

David Reimer
Dripping Springs, Tx
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds