[texbirds] texas razorbill watch

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:42:30 -0600

my weekend of watching the coast of Texas for a stray razorbill has come to an
end as I wait to board the ferry in Port Aransas. I covered much of the upper
Tex coast from High Island down to The mouth of the Brazos at Bryan Beach.
Sunday covered the Coast from Brazoria to Port Aransas. Spent the good part of
each day out on Jetties and driving beaches. Nothing even remotely resembling
an alcid was sighted. I did pick up some good birds in all places. Tundra Swans
at Anahuac followed by a surf scoter on Bolivar, Rough-legged Hawk on Galveston
Island and then very cooperative black-legged Kittiwake on Horace Caldwell
Pier. Gannets were off the jetty in Port Aransas but never came in past the
second set of channel markers from the tip...I am heading home for a couple of
weeks leaving it up to someone else to find the first Texas razorbill!

Tripp Davenport Uvalde Texas