[texbirds] Barrow's Goldeneye on Possum Kingdom Lake

  • From: Greg Cook <quaker1308@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:57:27 -0800 (PST)

Texbirders,

Two pictures were posted to the Fort Worth Audubon forum that questioned the
identity of a Goldeneye seen today at Possum Kingdom Lake. Upon reviewing the
pics, the bird is clearly a male Barrow's Goldeneye. On the site,
http://www.fwas.org/, I have requested further details of the sighting and hope
to get a reply soon. The bird was apparently seen at North D&D Park, though I
have no further details. Until I receive those details I am not sure which
county it is in as Possum Kingdom is mostly in Palo Pinto County, but small
parts of it are in Stephens and Young Counties as well.

Greg Cook
Arlington, TX