[texbirds] Re: request for Henslow's info

  • From: Martin Reid <upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:09:27 -0600

Dear TEXBIRDers,
While I only got three replies offering info about Henslow's, I got more than
15 replies asking me to share any replies!  So I am answering them here:
The only specific location that is publicly accessible that I was told of was
at Jones State Forest near Conroe: specifically the three small meadows within
the pines that are south of FM1488 (due south of the HQ) and west of Peoples
Road.  I can tell you that the central meadow has been dug up recently.

Other suggestions were "near Nacogdoches" and Little Thicket Nature Center near
Cleveland (need to be a member, or a member of Houston Ornithology Group).

Thanks to those who provided details - I appreciate it.
Martin

---
Martin Reid
San Antonio