[texbirds] Re: nest location ban

  • From: Gary Richards <grcolts@xxxxxx>
  • To: wbburkett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:58:41 -0500

My own policy on this matter is that I have never posted nesting sites on this
or any forum just because of the things you mentioned of concern.
So, I guess in essence, I have already instituted a personal ban. I think
common sense needs to prevail on this matter with each birder taking into
account whether or not the site poses the possibility of a threat. If someone
can get too close to a nesting site as to pose a threat, then don't post.
Having worked as a naturalist for over 30 some years, I have seen both the good
and the bad in birders. I guess my take is for everyone just to use common
sense. And, that should apply to using electronic bird calls in the field as
well.
Gary
Schertz, TX