[texbirds] hummer update: Broad-tailed, Rufous, Anna's in Blanco Co

  • From: "Leslie Linehan" <linehanla@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 09:08:36 -0600

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays,

The 2 male Broad-tailed Hummingbirds continue at my residence in southern
Blanco County.  The last couple of weeks, they have been joined by two
immature Rufous (rufous/allen's type) Hummingbirds, and one short-tailed,
green-backed, white bellied, hummer I have yet to identify.  He has some
neck markings, but I've yet to catch him facing me in good lighting.  This
morning, an adult female Anna's is also visiting the feeders, and
flycatching in the yard.

I'm off work for the next few days, so if you'd like to come visit, just let
me know.  My yard list has been averaging about 35 species a day, including
Hooded Mergansers on the neighborhood lake (in Comal County), and Pine
Siskins at the thistle seed feeders.

Leslie

Leslie Linehan
Southern tip of Blanco Co