[texbirds] another Western Grebe, Harris County, Thompson's Fish Camp

  • From: C-T Lee <cintylee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 21:33:48 -0500

forgot to mention... late sunday afternoon, we had a Western Grebe at
Thompson's Bait camp in Baytown, Harris County.  Probably the same
bird that Stefan Lorenz found one year ago at about this time and/or
the same one I found at Cedar Point a couple miles south in January.
This bird was very far out there. From the boat dock, look NW out to
the orange triangle markers. It was near marker 6.  Need a very good
scope to see this bird.

C-T Lee
Houston