[texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk, Tanagers, etc

  • From: "Thomas Collins" <towhee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 00:10:01 -0500 (CDT)

We had a Zone-tailed Hawk being harassed by a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
over the ranch today.  Several Summer Tanagers calling and coming to the
Oasis along with Lark and Field Sparrows plus lots of young Painted
Buntings.  Occasionaly a Canyon Towhee and a pair of Ground-doves come to
water too.  Black-chinned hummers are keeping our 8 feeder filling
necessary every 2-3 days.

Tom Collins
Center Point, Tx