[texbirds] Yellow-rumped Warblers

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:09:59 -0500 (EST)

Chuck Davis and I were out doing a little birding before the Old River CBC
tomorrow and we got a chuckle about the lack of yellow-rumps. We saw
probably in  the hundreds this morning all the way from here at my house all
the
way up into  the Southern edge of Liberty Co. Cedar Hill Park  particularly
was loaded  with them along with some Pine Warblers and Cedar Waxwings.

After 2-3 days of not seeing the Indigo Bunting it showed back up here a
little while ago. On another note I have not seen the Calliope or any other
hummingbird since yesterday morning. We did have grandkids running all over
the  place yesterday so it might have been disturbed by that. Also it is a
lot warmer  today and we have noticed in the past we will see them a lot more
on cold days  than warm ones. I was a little curious so did an ebird search
today and what I  found was that this was only the 2nd reported sighting in
Chambers Co. Tony  Leukering had one last year at Smith Point and that was
the only other one from  this county.

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County