[texbirds] Yellow-billed Cuckoo at Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:46:53 -0500

Since they are just starting to show up, I thought I'd mention that I saw a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo (my first of the year) at Santa Ana National Wildlife
Refuge yesterday. It was along the Chachalaca Trail near Willow Lake. Not a
rarity; just a sign of spring! I also saw 3 Hooded Oriole and 3-4 Altamira
Orioles in the same general area, and a Northern Beardless-Tyrannulet made
a brief appearance near the west overlook of Willow Lakes.
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX