[texbirds] Yard birds Jays and a question

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:52:24 -0500

.
oe...Your corvids are up here....There are jays everywhere in Bastrop
Co.   I assume some are Yankee Jays, but have had 6 Blue Jays ALL
year...The first time since about 2008   My crows are not coming in but
about once a day for treats, the mast crop (Live Oak and Post Oaks) crop is
the best in a decade so they have plenty of wild chow.....When the wind
blows here it sound like a small hail storm on the roof and truck.....The
pecan crop must be good where irrigated as I see big flocks of crows around
those.  Several days ago I saw a flock of easily 80 crows....Yankee birds I
bet, I wonder what my guys think of the trespassers. I don't know why so
many acorns this year especially with the drought this summer...Must have
rained at just the right time.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/