[texbirds] Re: sad news Paul Palmer

  • From: Jim Hailey <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dauphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dauphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:58:07 -0500

I am much saddened to hear of Paul's passing. Paul directed my thesis at TAMUK.
We were friends as well as colleges. Before he and Nancy moved I use to go over
to Kimgsville and we would go birding all day. Paul never got a drivers
license. He was an eclectic soul as well. He collected old radio showed, was a
very knowledgeable birder and in later years turned to genealogy. He was a
great historian and a man who went to bat for me to get into the TAMU PhD
program. If some has Nancy's contact info I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone Jim Hailey